Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

"CHRISTMAS" with Marianne Design Divas

Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Marianne Design Divas and you lovely people will never guess the theme lol:)

"C H R I S T M A S"
Just use any Marianne Design Product to be able to join in and possibly win the great prize that Bunny Zoe Crafts has kindly sponsored the challenge with.

I have gone down the route of my usual vintage/shabby style .... this is what I feel most comfortable with and must say I enjoyed immensely working with two of the new dies from the Creatables range from Marianne Design:- Lantern LR0190 and Leaves LR0192.  The possibilities of these two dies are immense as they are so adaptable.

I made a lantern by using four die cuts of LR0190 and adhered just using double sided tape.  I have embossed the lantern with Stampendous vintage shabby chic blue and gold embossing powder (which I love).  The Leaves LR0192 have been embossed with clear embossing powder just to give them shine.
My decoupaged images are also from Marianne Design too and I picked these up from the CUBBY HOLE, Crewe -such delicate images and I was thrilled to find them in the Cubby Hole.

The music score was stamped onto cream card which was coloured with Aged Mahogny distress inks and then embossed with claret embossing powder.  Curled wire and cream roses complete my ornament.  I mounted my ornament onto a wooden coaster which I covered with Marianne Design Paper from the Eline Paper Bloc - "Let it Snow"  - this too was embossed with the shabby chic blue powder.

Check out my fellow Marianne Divas inspiration HERE - they're fabulous and there's also some great blog candy on offer.


I am entering my lantern into the following challenges:-

One of my fave challenge sites so I am pleased this piece fits in with their current challenge.   I have used my Marianne Creatables die cuts.

Simon Says Stamp & Show - "show some depth"

Suzanne ~x~


13 comments:

Nigel said...

This is wonderful, very delicate and fragile.

Aquarius said...

this is a lovely lantern - amazing what can be done with the dies

Mervi said...

Gorgeous project, just amazing lantern, so beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room challenge die cuts and punches.
Merry Christmas;-))m

Zoechaos said...

Stunning work gorgeous winter decoration. Thank you as well for your kind words we like you as well :) Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge good luck XOXO Zoe

Candy C said...

Hi Suzanne. What a lovely vintage lantern. I love the colors, the vintage images and how real it looks! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Maria said...

Wow, this is just beautiful! I love this die cut lantern. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

hazel said...

A fabulous project, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Suzanne Bouchard said...

WOW! What a wonderful little lantern! I did not know of the existence of such a lovely die! bravo!

Debi said...

This is such a COOL lantern, thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi hunni!
I am soooo impressed by your creation. You allways does the most amzing projects. I really don`t understand how you manage to find the time, lol. Well, this one is fantastic! I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy new year! Hugs...Mona

Lisa Minckler said...

Saw this over at SSS and had to pop in and say WOW...this is stunningly beautiful!! :)

Juls said...

such a work of art! LOVE the wire detail! Hugs Juls

Esther said...

Suzanne this is so beautiful..so much detail and I'm a huge fan of vintage...Thanks so much for joining our Craft Room Challenge..wishing you a happy Christmas ...Esther xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...