Pages

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Colour Comb - Gingersnaps "Iron, Brass & Leather"

The founding femmes at Gingersnaps Creations certainly know how to challenge their design team.  In keeping with the "machinery/steampunk" month - this month's colour challenge is Iron, Brass & Leather!

To be honest - I didn't struggle that much - I had one of those eureka moments!  I knew that we had some leftover "leather look" fabric which we had used to cover one of the chairs in my daughter's bedroom.  I know this because it lives in my ironing basket lol:)


I covered the top of a papier mache box (this being my leather colour), adding eyelets (which I will say is my iron colour) and then covered the sides of the box with metal (brass coloured) which I ran through the Cuttlebug.  The lid sides were coloured with distress inks and then embossed.


My flowers and heart were already metal - I coloured using Stazon and then ran these run the Bug too.  I added further Stazon over the embossed parts.  The brass coloured wire and brads finishes my little box off!


I hope you like my little box - I do for a change, I think it's rather sweet and is sitting on my dining room mantlepiece for the time being.  The other Design Team members at Gingersnaps have come up trumps again - such a varied take on the colours!
I am entering my box into the following challenges:-

Ohhhh....I have missed playing along with these ladies so its good to get a chance this week (just)

17 comments:

Suzi B said...

Fabulous box Sue... only you would have something leather look in the ironing basket! lol

Zoechaos said...

Great idea to cover a box like this looks fabulous, must look stunning on your side table. So glad you were able to join us this week at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Von said...

Just love your box :) it's amazing what lurks in the bottom of the ironing basket other than odd socks lol
Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Just for Fun
Von x

Fliss said...

Oooh! Really like this Suz. Gorgeous colours and textures and love the eyelets.
As for the ironing basket - what's that!!! Don't have one of those here lol
Hugs, Fliss xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Glad to hear someone else keeps random things in their ironing basket ! Fabulous box looks like the real deal, great work once again.

Marie

Cazro said...

Wow! this is awesome! I've forgotten what's at the bottom of my ironing basket.Caz

Brenda Brown said...

Great little box Suzanne - love the use of the leather look fabric and other embellishments you have used.
Like Fliss - I don't have odd things lurking in an ironing basket - I just don't have one.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great box Suzanne, love the added leather and your metal embellishments. Nice work. Tracy xv

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this Suzanne! The leather and the eyelets works so well,

Lucy x

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous work Suzanne, your attention to detail is amazing - Jacqueline xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, your box is really outstanding, love the texture on it and the metal flowers are fabulous.

trisha too said...

Beautiful, Suz!

:)

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Love all you have done to the project what a stunning gift! Thanks for joining us at TioT this week

Anonymous said...

wow thats a stunning box. beautiful work on this one
hugs June x

Vicky Hayes said...

This is the most amazing project! It's really convincing. Vx

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful, I love this box.

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be one of the coolest altered boxes I have ever seen! Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...