Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

"Sports & Hobbies"

Make My Monday continues with Caz's challenges this week and she would like to see:-

MEN and/or BOYS ONLY

Sports & Pastimes


This month's prize donated by Marianne Designs

I know the majority find men's cards difficult (including me) but this is such an open theme from football, fishing, music etc etc. The style of this card is also not my norm - relatively clean and simple lines as opposed to my normal distressed layers and edges but I could not help but get a bit messy - stamping with acrylic paint rather than an ink pad.  This gives a little more dimension and edginess I think.


Not wishing to surprise you but the base card is 8x8 in size.  Core paper has been embossed and then sanded to let the grey/silver show through.  The reverse of the black core has been used for the two opposite squares.  The stamps used are from Papermania - I have deliberately left these uncoloured as I wanted to keep with the black, grey/silver and white.


As noted my accent stamping has been done in silver acrylic paint on the stamped panels (numbers) and the zig-zag borders.
My bottle tops have been run through the Cuttlebug to flatten and associated sporting words added (rub-ons!) which glossy accents has been added to- ribbon added so these look like medals hopefully?  The dictionary definition has been torn from an old dictionary.


This card is going to my brother-in-law later in the year as he is an avid golfer and loves football!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Crafty Ann's Challenges - "It's a Man's Thing"
Crafts 4 Eternity - "Cool Greys - Colour Challenge"
Crafting Where We Can Challenges - "Just the Two of Us"

Suzanne ~x~

16 comments:

Fliss said...

A fabulous card Suz even if outside your normal distressed style. The acrylic stamping looks great and love the added texture and clever bottle cap medals.
Have a great week.
Fliss xx

Jacqueline said...

Hi Suzanne - great card as always, love the bottle tops - Jacqueline xx

Suzi B said...

Morning Suze, great card I esp like the use of acrylic paint for the stamping ...giving more texture to the images.. love it.
suzi b xx

Aquarius said...

Male cards aren't too difficult if you know they like a certain sport - this one is great.

pinky said...

Brilliant male card Suzanne, love the two images and all that texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.

Maria said...

I always struggle with male cards but this is fabulous Suzanne. I love the embossing and distressing.

Maria x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE this! I think it's fabulous!!! The textures are fabulous, your bottle cap sentiments are superb--it's just awesome! :)

Elizabeth said...

Great cool grey colors and love the dry embossing. thanks for playing at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Hugz,

Beth

Vicky Hayes said...

There are loads of lovely details and textures on your card Suzanne and the use of paint is inspired! Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely sporty card...mens cards are so difficult to do sometimes but this is fab

Anne

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely sporty card...mens cards are so difficult to do sometimes but this is fab

Anne

Carol said...

Great male card Suz. Thanks for joining us at CWWC and Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

Aileen said...

Love the stamping on your background and the bottle tops are fab. Super male card. x

michele said...

Gorgeous card Suzanne thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Ann Whitfield said...

This is a great male card, I love how you've used the bottle tops. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Fabby card and I would never have thought of running the bottle tops through my cuttlebug, nice idea! Thanks for playing at Crafty Ann's Challenge this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...