Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Hearts & Flowers at MMM

Make My Monday certainly comes round quickly - can you believe it is Valentine's Day already tomorrow.  Bearing that in mind and keeping in with this month's theme "Romance" the challenge brief at Make My Monday is:-

"Hearts & Flowers"

Check out my fellow design team buddies's work HERE!

I have made two cards again this week as I was enjoying working with the kraft card and shabby sort of look with dulled tones rather than the reds and pinks.

I have used Kaisercraft papers which I have stamped over using the Creative Expressions vintage sewing set, (dressforms and sentiment).  My heart is a very old stamp and I cannot remember the brand.  Lace was ruffled and placed behind.
The  scissors LR0194 and flowers (Craftable CR01202) are both from Marianne Design who just happen to be our wonderful sponsor for the month - there is a wonderful prize!



I am entering this first card into the following challenge:-

My lace is behind my very old heart stamp.


My second card is along the same lines - again using the Kaisercraft paper, my EK Success border punch.


I have used the Marianne Design Hearts Die LR0159 which I cut using kraft card and then layering on top of patterned paper.  The text on the tag is an old stamp again. I have used the binding of a pink pig journal page for edging.
 The rose is an Anitas stamped in Sepia Versafine and then coloured with water colour pencils and then text stamped around the edge.  

Detail photographs.....hope you like my toned down version of Romance cards and can play along with us at Make My Monday.

My second card is being entered into the following challenges:-

I have picked out the roses from the inspirational photo.
This is a new challenge blog!!  Love makes us all happy doesnt it?  Heart punch and border punch used.

Suzanne ~x~

17 comments:

Aquarius said...

Both of these cards have a wonderful vintage feel about them - difficult to choose between as I love them both

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love both of these cards - vintage and lovely!

CraftyDaffy said...

Beautiful cards! The color schemes are so lovely. I always adore the 'kraft' brown with that shade of blue. I love what you have done with the first card, which any sewing enthusiast would be thrilled to receive. The flowers on the second card are darling! Thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges!

Eloise said...

Two beautiful cards! i love the saying on the first one. and i really like the flowers on the second one.

Val said...

Fabulous cards - love the details, the vintagey feel and muted colours - something I dons't do very often!
Hugs
Val

Janice said...

Vintage goodness! Thanks for playing Just Inspirational Challenge and good luck!

Choccy said...

Such beautiful cards. I love the colours that you have used and the lace is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational challenges. Hope to see you back again soon.
Choccy xx

Suzi B said...

Both cards are fabulous... as usual lol I like the way you've put DP under the fillagree heart.
suzi b xx

S J CRAFTS said...

Fab Cards!! loving the soft, pretty colours!! Thanks for joining us at S J Crafts this month! Sarah x

Lou said...

loving the heart die you used. super card. thanks for taking part in SJ Crafts challenge

Mynn xx said...

I just LOVE these--I LOVE those sewing images on the first and the roses on the second are amazing! :) Beautiful!!!

Francesca said...

Absolutely beautiful creation
thanks for joining us for our LACE challenge over at Oldie but a goodie
this fortnight and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

dragonllew said...

Great cards love the soft sepia tines on the 2nd one thanks for joining us at S J Crafts this month.
Jenny x

lainey said...

gorgeous cards Suzanne!! love those die cuts :) lainey x

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful cards - love the habedashery themed card
Thanks for joining us at OBAG this fortnight for our lace challenge
Lisa x

Lisa-Jane said...

I love all the kraft and neutral colours in this. Thanks for joining us for the challenge at SJ Crafts.

Canonbury creations said...

Two fabulous vintage cards Suzanne, love all the sewing images!
Val x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...