Pages

Friday 9 September 2011

Canvas' Galore

This month Lucy Edmonds of the Crafty Individuals DT would like to see our creations that can be "hung" i.e. a wall hanging, canvas, plaque etc.  I always try my best to join in this challenge as I adore the CI stamps and products.  I am still away on hols so have not had time to create a specific piece however the canvas I am entering has not been blogged and uses a number of Crafty Individuals stamps:-

I took inspiration for this canvas from a blog post I saw on Brenda's BumbleBees & Butterflies Blog but I have hopefully put my own spin on it.  I love looking at Brenda's blog - she always creates something amazing!  So thank you Brenda!

I have painted and stencilled a deep edged 8x12 inch canvas.  Three mini canvas' (from the works) were also treated to paint (inside and out).  Images were stamped onto tissue paper and then added to the canvas.  Stamping was all done in a mixture of Stazon inks. 

The hinges were from Wilkinsons and were purchased just because they were the lightest and the most attractive.  I think I paid £1 for a pack of two hinges.  I adhered the hinges to the canvas using glossy accents.

My glossy images are a mixture of Crafty Individuals and Marianne D.  Charms are a mixture of old jewellry and a wonderful range of brass charms I picked up in the Cubby Hole.


Images on the main canvas behind the mini canvas are Crafty Individuals stamps as are the fronts of two of the mini canvas'..........

Marianne D dies, english roses and butterfly completed the piece along with hand cut hearts. 
I also edged all canvas including the large one with Ranger gold acrylic dabber paints......As well as the Crafty Individuals challenge I am also entering this work into the following challenges:-


32 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is an amazing piece of artwork. Thank you for entering it into the challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Nikki Byrne said...

OMG this is just fantastic! LOVE the pastel colours and all the details. Thank you for joining us at Craft-room challenge. Good luck. Hugs

NIKKI DT

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is lovely, Suzanne. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

Lucy x

hazel said...

What a wonderful work of art, there's so much to look at, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Bev said...

Hi Suzanne, thank you for your votes over at Make My Monday, and a big thank you for the candy, I cant wait to use the butterfly folder.


By the way, your projects are amazing and beautiful

Bev.x

Anonymous said...

Oh My, This is wow I'm lost for words, those hinges are they called hinges? I'm not sure but the point is it's gorgeous and I love it

Esther said...

Oh goodness Suzanne, this is beautiful..so many gorgeous details, I love it all ! Thanks so much for joining our Craft-room Chllenge..Esther xx

Zoechaos said...

Lovely canvas Suzanne very pretty colours. thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room XOXO Zoe

Kim B said...

What a stunning piece!! Love the hinged portions too. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

Jean Hardy said...

A very beautiful canvas Suzanne, and so clever. Thanks for joining in the September challenge. Jean

Debi said...

Suzanne- this is just so pretty with heaps of detail- love the little open door frames too- thanks for joining us at Craft Room challenge- debi x

trisha too said...

Suzanne, this is too fun--it reminds me of the books where you lift flaps and find the secrets!

:)

Unknown said...

that is truely a work of art...so much detail..thanks for playing at BITW

Rachael Funnell said...

WOWzers!!
This Canvas is Sensational.....
Those hinges are an Awesome Idea!!
THANKS FOR SHARING over @ Bird Is The Word............. xx

craft-roomjulia said...

How beautiful, your attention to detail is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow this is amazing. I love the subtle colours!

brenda said...

Gorgeous work Suzanne and that little frame makes it just perfect for out theme.

Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Dolly Daydreams said...

This is amazing it must have taken you forever ! Such beautiful work a real treasure can't stop looking at it ! Well done !

Marie

Maria said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the colors, and just gorgeous elements all the way through. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

pinky said...

What a stunning project, the colours are so soft and muted, it looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

tea_bag said...

fab colous and design a work of art

Anonymous said...

Awesome canvas! Love the doors! Such a fabulous idea!

Nigel said...

It looks nearly as good on here as it does in real life :)

Fliss said...

Wow Suz! Just realised I managed to miss these. They're absolutely stunning and love all the fabulous detail.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Lynne K said...

A stunning piece of artwork! So many wonderful details, especially the opening frames, perfect for our challenge. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

Lynne x

Francesca said...

what a beautiful creation,

thanks for joining us at
Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutely stunning! My goodness, you're a talented gal!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm missing words, a wonderful piece of art.

Sally H said...

A stunning creation! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at sir stampalot this month and Good luck!

Cathy said...

Such a stunning creation Suzanne.. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for playing along at BITW :))

Chloe said...

What a lovely creation! It would look amazing on the wall! Thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

Ella Swan said...

What an amazing work of art! Thanks so much for playing at BITW :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...