Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

Trio of Canvas'

I gessoed, painted and spritzed three canvas' of various sizes in springlike colours, added multiple layers of music sheets, old text and lace.  I selected three focal images all with a nature theme to go along with the spring theme - Crafty Individuals, PaperArtsy and a freebie from an old Craft Stamper.
My smallest canvas has had the focal image stamped with dusty concord distress ink onto mountboard and here I have added some very irregular cross stitches by hand.

You may be able to see the shadow stamping I have done on the layers using a Memories shadow ink pad, very delicate but effective - well in the flesh it is lol!  

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my canvas' - I just wished that the colours had come through a little better.  The colours are very fresh and clean looking; buttercup yellow, dusty pink and a mint green.


I would like to add my trio of canvas' into the following challenges:-

Artistic Stamper - building up your layers April challenge

The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - "Stitching"

Rainbow Lady's Challenge - "Springtime"

Cupcake Craft Challenge - "Lots of Layers"

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely canvases, all very pretty! Valerie

Sherry said...

Individually they look perfect but I think they also look great hanging together.

Fliss said...

These are all absolutely beautiful Suzanne. I love the soft colours and texture and the stamping is really lovely.
Fliss xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wonderful canvases Suzanne, love all the layers and texture. Tracy x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous canvases

Thanks for joining us on our "Stitching" challenge this week at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Rainbow Lady said...

Perfectly gorgeous canvasses... all superb. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

Netty said...

Beautiful canvases Suzanne and love the delicacy of colours. Annette x

Deb (dcorder) said...

I love the layers and texture! Yummy.

starcyl said...

These are all fabulous, can't choose a favourite, thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny x

Irene said...

Wow Suzanne, these are stunning. I love them.

Delphine said...

Gorgeous set, Suzanne! Wonderful details and great take on the challenge:-)! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Artyjen said...

Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month with your three very cool layered projects....pretty colour combo's
xoxo Sioux

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous job on these cavases - beautiful colors and layers!

Nigel said...

Wonderful canvases, love the layering :)

Brenda Brown said...

Love these Suz, fabulous colours and mixed media.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

fatmonica said...

Love these!The colours and the stamping are perfect!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, these are all positively stunning! I adore your images, the colors, and the lush layering of papers and paint!

Anonymous said...

I love your canvases! So very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...