Pages

Sunday 30 January 2011

Vintage Raven

Have spent the day working on my last journal for the Round Robin ...Raven themed journal.  Nigel - you will have your book back tomorrow night at Art Class!  Within a couple of the pages for Nigel's book I manged to fit in a couple of challenges.....
Take a Word this week is "Vintage" and my raven pages have been aged, vintage text and an old map extract used from a secondhand London guide book, I have also used an old fashioned font (hand drawn) - therefore I think this counts as Vintage.  I do hope so! 




The Allsorts Challenge would like us to save nature this week and use something recycled in our art.  My recycled bits on the second page are:- an old piece of background, a ribbon from a jewellry gift bag and a clothing tag from Asda George (these are great for triple embossing).




Must say that I am pleased we have reached the end of the Raven round robin..I have really enjoyed the different art in each journal but I am a little ravened out.

17 comments:

Juls said...

ooooooooooooooh these are just fab!! Hugs Juls

Netty said...

Totally fabulous. Annette x

Ali Manning said...

This page is gorgeous, Suzanne!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW, they are gorgeous. S x

Junibears said...

A bit spooky but wonderful vintage feel.xx

Anonymous said...

Love your hand drawn font, Suz! Altogether this is wonderful art and super Vintage. Looks like you could re-use it for next week, too! LOL

indybev said...

Suitable? More like SUPER! I love the vintage elements of your raven entry for Take a Word! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Your ravens are amazing!

Taluula said...

Oohhh, how fabulous. Absolutely gorgeous journaling.

Glenys said...

A truly inspiring piece of work. The details are perfect.
Gelnys

Suzi B said...

Great page as usual :)
I have something for you on my blog:)

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous

Lori Saul said...

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful imagery with great vintage appeal. Lovely art entrys!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I always am ravin' about your fab raven pieces!

Mummylade said...

excellent work, love the tag. Thank you so much for entering my recycling challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Kirsten...x said...

totally stunning...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Ozstuff said...

I love your vintage raven, Suzanne. Your artwork is stunning and I always enjoy learning more about different styles of art. Thanks so much for joining in the Take a Word challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...